My Spouse Moved Out of the Home - Can I Change the Locks?

September 12, 2012 - If you are going through a divorce and your spouse is staying elsewhere, you may wonder whether or not you can change the locks on the house.  The short answer is "yes," you can change the locks because you are an owner of the home.  However, doing so does not give you the legal right t...

>  Read full article

Order for Protection Basics

April 28, 2012 - An Order for Protection (OFP) is a remedy under Minn. Stat. 518B for people who want to stop domestic abuse.  An OFP is a civil remedy brought in family court and can result in  no contact orders, temporary parenting time, temporary child support, temporary custody, exclusion from the h...

>  Read full article

Disclaimer: No case or client-specific information shall be discussed on this website. The content provided is informational only and should not be construed as legal advice. If you have questions about divorce or custody in Minnesota , please seek the advice of an attorney.